Since jumping the corporate ship to do this blogging & coaching thing full time I have been spending a lot of time online preparing my next moves. As in, more time than I already spend online…which I didn’t even know was possible.
While researching images for this blog I came across Gala Darling’s amazing site. Okay, before you tell me I live under a rock for just discovering Gala Darling hear me out. I found Gala Darling years ago when I first started blogging, but apparently I was either blind or not in the right headspace to fully comprehend the amazing content she provides. Now, three years later, with a totally new perspective on life and with my entrepreneur hat securely fastened, I am totally FLOORED by how amazing this woman is!
I purchased her Radical Self-Love Bootcamp (because who couldn’t use more of it?) and literally spent hours studying her online home. In the bootcamp she talks about doing daily gratitude lists and exercises to keep you in check. She also publishes weekly gratitude lists every Thursday. So I thought to myself, “Hey, why not put my gratitude lists online every week? After all, I’m doing them anyway, it will hold me accountable, and I’m trying to empower women online too!”
So ladies and gentlemen, I present to you Fall in Love Fridays. My weekly list where I give major props, share the things I’m currently falling in love with, and hopefully encourage you all to spread some gratitude around as well. Big or small, being grateful is key to living a radically fabulous life. Besides, now that my income is coming solely from you know, myself, I need to really practice an abundant mindset. And honestly, what better day than Fridays? TGIF, right?
- My last day as an office dweller was this week! Hello online solopreneurship! Three years in the making and it is finally here! (Read: On Quitting My Day Job + World Domination Summit Part 2)
- My writing and coaching clients rock! They surprise me more and more each week!
- Wave Invoicing is my new best friend. No more PayPal as a middle man now I can get payments directly into my bank account. Also comes with accounting software, receipts, transactions, bills, payroll and more! Already tried it with a new coaching client this week
- My boss and my co-workers threw a joint farewell party for me and birthday party for my co-worker. We’re talking champagne, laughs, red velvet cake, and gifts! They got me a personalized pen with my name and birthstone! Now I’ll be writing in style
- Yogavibes online video subscription. I’ve tried a lot of yoga videos and these are my current faves.
- Skull prints, winged eyeliner, and bright blood orange nail polish. (Nordstrom, Maybelline Ultra Liner, Essie in Geranium)
- Ujima Bazaar: My friend Megan Atkinson has gathered donations from dozens of online entrepreneurs to raise money for an orphanage in Kenya. You can get a career coaching session with me at 50% off (normally $200) as well as a bunch of other goodies! All proceeds go toward the orphanage.
- Streak for Gmail. This tool literally saves me hours with pre-made email templates and a beautiful CRM.
- SignNow App – When you’ve got client agreements, tax forms, and important shiz that needs your John Hancock ASAP look no further than this App. Sooo much better than scanning docs and then emailing them.
- Why Choose Passion and Purpose over Short-Term Gain? A spectacular podcast and blog post by one of my coaching clients. If you are in the D.C. area make sure to check out Kontrary events!
- Small Business Bodyguard – Thanks to Ash Ambirge from The Middle Finger Project I’ve taken some major steps toward making this business legit. You may have noticed new Terms and Conditions for the site, submission guidelines and here’s the best part – Amanda Abella, LLC is now registered with the state of Florida! From freelancer to businesswoman…
- This post from Kelly Gurnett over on her blog. A smack down a lot of people could use!
- And then there’s Rocco, my friend’s freakishly adorable Pom puppy who has converted me into a girly girl who can now withstand small dogs. He graced us with his presence earlier this week You have no idea how long it took me to get him to sit still enough for this picture LOL.
- 3 Real Truths About Overnight Success – Marie Forleo nails it again. I often talk to people who are busy playing the compare game when starting out on new ventures. Ask anyone you consider to be successful and you’ll likely get the same answer, it doesn’t happen overnight. Can it happen quickly? Absolutely and I’ve had that experience this year. But get ready to hustle your little heart out.