- I didn’t know it would turn into a place for me to build my business.
- I didn’t know I’d be able to build a business I run entirely from my Macbook.
- I didn’t know I would have an Amazon best-selling book.
- I didn’t know I would build a community that reaches thousands of people across social media platforms.
- I didn’t know I’d get to meet awesome people from all over the globe.
- I sure as hell didn’t know I’d end up blogging about personal finance for a living. (I would have laughed in your face if you told me this a few years ago.)
And I certainly didn’t know I would get nominated for an award!
This blog has officially been nominated for a Plutus Award for the Best Personal Finance Blog for Millennials. The Plutus Awards are held at the Financial Blogger Conference each year and they set out to recognize the best in personal finance – from blogs to bank accounts.
I am overjoyed that my peers and readers nominated me and then cast enough votes where I would be one of the finalists. I’m also in really good company! Other nominees include Michelle Schroeder at Making Sense of Cents and Stefanie O’Connel of The Broke and Beautiful Life – two blogs I have followed religiously and two very amazing women I’ve had the honor of meeting in person.
Anyway, I just wanted to let you in on the good news. I also wanted to THANK YOU for being a part of the Make Money Your Honey community. Thank you for reading my blogs each week. Thank you for sticking through those “I’m trying to figure this all out” years. Thank you for sticking through the re-brands, the launches and any technical glitches along the way.
If it wasn’t for your support over the years none of this would be happening so it’s not just an award nomination for me – it’s an award nomination for all of us.