Disclaimer: This post was created in collaboration with Comcast business. All opinions are my own.
It was always a dream of mine to run a business from my laptop so that I could travel to anywhere in the world. Fast forward a few years and as long as I have a WiFi connection I can work.
Solid WiFi is extremely important for any small business owner. And it’s not just if you run a business online, brick and mortar businesses need good WiFi too. I know some of my readers are shop owners and have an actual store front where they meet customers, if you happen to be one of them then keep reading.
The Importance of WiFi
Think about it, what would all those coffee shops do if they didn’t offer free WiFi for their patrons? I, for one, have spent a lot of time working from coffee shops thanks to the free WiFi. I even stopped going to a local coffee shop once because they didn’t have WiFi.
I’ve also worked from airports, airplanes, buses, trains, hotels, my orthodontist’s office and anywhere I could find some free WiFi. Simply put, if you want my business make my life easier by giving me WiFi.
What’s interesting about coffee shops and all the other locations I’ve mentioned is they actually have two WiFi connections – one for their employees and one for their guests. I also see this at my co-working space – they have one WiFi connection in the lobby for visitors and an entirely different WiFi connection for members like me.
This helps keep company information safe and secure while still allowing patrons to access the internet. The problem was this was recently only reserved for larger corporations and enterprises, which meant that smaller businesses couldn’t have the same service and would possibly even lose business for their inability to provide WiFi to their patrons.
Comcast Launches WiFi Pro
Fortunately, Comcast has come up with a solution thanks to their WiFi Pro package. The package allows small and medium sized businesses to have two WiFi networks – one for their employees and one for their customers.
Here are the other features available with WiFi Pro:
- You have control over both WiFi signals. This comes in handy if your business has a rush in the mornings and you want to give them a stronger signal. You can then tone it down once the rush is gone.
- You can control the WiFi from a mobile app.
- Your business gets it’s own custom landing page when customers try to connect to the WiFi. This is HUGE for marketing, branding and drumming up business.
- Access to hotspots all over the U.S. Perfect when you’re traveling for business.
- Professional installation and solid security features.
- Super affordable. Some plans are as low as $19.95 per month.
Here’s a video that breaks it all down:
For more on Comcast Business WiFi Pro, make sure to check out their website.