Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post in collaboration with Comcast Business, but opinions are my own.
One thing I hear from small business owners quite often is how difficult it is to get their hands on some capital. Capital that could be used to expand social media reach and upgrade technology – two things you desperately need to run a successful business these days.
Trust me, I get it. I’ve bootstrapped my business since the beginning, and there are times when you have to hold back on investments just because you don’t have the cash. This leads to slow growth and frustration. To top it off, it’s not easy to secure a loan or get investors.
Fortunately, there are avenues you can take to secure capital for your technology needs. One such avenue is the I4E Contest. Comcast Business is holding the Innovation for Entrepreneurs contest where you can win up to $30,000 for your business.
How would you invest $30k?
Comcast is inviting small business owners to tell them how they would invest $30,000 into technology to grow their business.
Would you use it for social media?
Would you upgrade your back end systems?
Would you bring your dream business into reality?
Comcast wants to know and you could potentially win $30k for your answer. Here’s everything you need to know about how to enter.
- How do you enter? Visit their homepage, input your zip code and fill out the entry form.
- Who is eligible? Legal residents of the United States. There is no purchase necessary and contest is void where prohibited.
- What are the prizes? There will be 30 regional winners. One start-up and one entrepreneur will be chosen from each of Comcast’s regions. They will win $10,000. There is also a grand prize where six small business owners will win an additional $20,000. Grand prize winners will also win a trip to Philadelphia where they will meet with experts to strategize their next business steps.
- When does the contest end? All entries must be submitted by March 12.
- When are the winners chosen? Regional and Grand Prize winners will be chosen between April 25 and May 13. The grand prize winners will be announced on June 6th.
Want to know what I would do with $30k?
This contest has prompted me to think about what I’d do if I had $30,000 of capital for my business. Given that I plan on traveling quite a lot, and traveling can be difficult from the road, I’d hire an IT guy, a social media marketer and upgrade all our backend service systems to automate as much of the business as possible. This would allow me to scale, provide a better experience for clients and allow me to travel more because I’d know the business can still run even if I’m not around.
Most people don’t think about how they’d use money on their systems, and I think it’s pretty awesome that this contest is forcing people to do so. Knowing where to invest is a major part of making money your honey, and it’s imperative to be smart about it.
Ready to enter?
If you think you’ve got a killer idea for the I4E contest, I really encourage you to enter. It’s a great opportunity to not just win some capital, but also get some invaluable time at the Comcast headquarters to learn from some of the best.
Want to read the fine print? You can find that here.