Welcome to Monday’s edition of Make Money Your Honey Live! Today we’re covering how to have confidence in business. I’m bringing you my top confidence tips to ensure you get your spark back!
I’m often asked, “Amanda, how the hell are you so confident?”
Seriously, I get asked this question all the time.
The truth is I don’t have some magic formula. However, there are some very important steps I’ve learned along the way that I guess could be considered a formula.
Why do people lack confidence in the first place?
Before diving into how to have more confidence in business, it’s important that we first address why people lose confidence in the first place.
One major reason for lack of confidence has to do with our conditioning. Societal conditioning and even our own parents give us mixed messages. We hear “You can be anything you want to be!” while at the same time hearing how systems and structures will stop us from being anything. Or, maybe we believe only people with MBAs can start businesses or we need more degrees. At the end of the day, it’s all bullshit.
I’ve been in sales for quite some time. I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that people drive themselves crazy over past failures. They make their failures personal instead of just seeing them as the data points they actually are.
Misconceptions about money
Oh, this is a big one! People don’t have confidence in business because they have all these crazy stories about money. Only really smart people make money, you have to step on someone’s toes to make money, people like me don’t make money and on, and on, and on.
Lack of skillset
Sometimes people aren’t confident simply because they lack the necessary skillsets that would make them feel more confident. Here’s the thing. Often times, in order to get the skillsets you need – like investing in a course or program – you need to make a decision. People usually sabotage at the decision state because that lack of confidence takes over.
So it’s basically a Catch 22. You can’t get confident without skills but in order to get skills, you need to ignore your lack of confidence.
How to Have Confidence in Business: 6 Confidence Tips
Now that we’ve addressed what makes people lack confidence in the first place, let’s address some ways to regain it and have confidence in your business. There is a six step process involved.
- Realize there is no such thing as failure. Failure is simply a data point for you to adjust your approach.
- Put yourself in uncomfortable situations – and do it often! This allows you to see what you’re made of and you start trusting yourself more.
- Get clear on how you want to live your life. Figure this out first and then figure out what you want from your business, your career and your income.
- Get help! You cannot do this alone and you will drive yourself insane (plus lose a ton of time and money) trying to figure business out on your own. Trust me, lessons learned the hard way.
- Get your mind right. Yes, YOUR MIND is the most important thing. Especially in times like this when everything seems crazy.
I will be hosting a FREE TRAINING on May 27th 2020 called How to Rewire Your Mind For Success in a Recession. In it, I’ll be covering:
- The formula I used to start a multiple six-figure business during the last recession.
- How to rewire your brain for success no matter what is going on economically
- How I’m growing my business and my company now (and how you can too).
- Tools and strategies you’ll need to seeing results in a matter of weeks.