Sales is often times seen as being pushy, annoying and uncomfortable. People avoid sales like the plague when in reality it’s the lifeblood of your business. If you don’t know how to sell then you’re not going to be making money.
The truth is there’s no reason to be afraid of sales. It’s just a form of service. Someone has a problem and you are letting them know about a solution.
In today’s video I’m going to give you some effective sales training techniques that will make your sales conversations less uncomfortable and more likely to succeed.
Watch the video below. If you’re on the go you can download the MP3 for your listening pleasure.
Effective Sales Training Video Recap
1. If you’re afraid of sales, you won’t make it in business.
You must get over your fear of asking for money, otherwise you’re never going to make any! As I mention in my best-selling book, sales is really just a form of sharing. You are giving someone a solution to their problem in exchange for money – that’s it! It is simply a trade of fair value.
When looked at from this perspective, sales doesn’t seem to scary anymore and can in fact be fun.
2. Be very clear about the pain points your potential customers have. What are they struggling with? Why is it a problem?
One of the biggest issues I see when it comes to people making money online is they have no idea how to articulate who their target market is and what their issues are. You must get clear on this if you plan on making any income online.
3. Learn to articulate the benefits of what it is you offer. How are their lives going to be improved by hiring you?
Another issue I see when it comes to entrepreneurs and sales is they don’t know how to articulate the benefits of their product or service. When someone asks them a question, they immediately go into logistics! For example, coaches start talking about how long sessions are instead of articulating the benefits of the sessions!
4. The fortune is in the follow-up! Don’t get discouraged if you don’t get a sale right away. Set up a follow-up system.
Most sales happen after seven points of contact – seven! That means it’s up to you to create a solid follow-up system so that you stay in touch with potential clients. If you don’t believe me, consider this – I’ve closed deals months after initially meeting a client. The reason I was able to do this is because I understood that “No” doesn’t mean “Never” and continued to follow up.
5. Use referrals to make money quickly. People who can vouch for your work are your best sales people. Ask them to send referrals over your way in exchange for something you’re willing to give them.
Tons of businesses do this – including my orthodontist! He has a referral program where if I bring him a new customer he knocks $100 off both our bills. This is an excellent way to build a business because it actually works!
Resources Mentioned In This Video
1. Make Money Your Honey Workbook (now available on Amazon!)